CDC offers Share Registrar Services (SRS) (also known as Transfer Agent or R/TA services) to facilitate Issuers and their shareholders. This initiative was taken in early 2008 to cater to the growing need of more comprehensive and efficient SRS in the Pakistani Capital Market.
SRS is one of the most important services required by a capital market in any country or region. Considering the current market scenario where none of the other SRS offerings are composite enough to offer a one-stop solution, CDC has developed a high-tech Share Accounting System with an exclusive Authority & Security Management System and workflow components to guarantee efficient SRS. CDC - SRS offers a composite portfolio of maintenance, registration, verification and direct customer dealing & interaction.
CDC has taken a competitive lead in the market for SRS by providing a one-window solution to shareholders, backed by a country-wide branch network and state-of-the-art IT infrastructure. Also, independent Legal and Internal Audit departments ensure statutory and regulatory compliances. Moreover, a Marketing and customer support services department including a call center with a toll free number [0800 – CDCPL (23275)] and a dedicated and trained customer support team facilitating customers on a day-to-day basis.
Additionally, the feature that gives CDC a real edge is its Business Continuity Plan (BCP) supported by backup sites and disaster recovery capabilities to ensure integrity of information and recovery of the service immediately in case of any disaster.
Currently, CDC – SRS is the most comprehensive and efficient Share Registrar / Transfer Agent Services in the market. By providing a synergy between depository and share registrar services and through a combination of state-of-the-art service features, CDC has raised the bar of service excellence in the financial services industry.
Scope of Service
Following is the scope of services that would be provided under the umbrella of CDC – SRS.
- Maintenance of computerized Members’ Register
- Maintenance of specimen signatures of shareholders
- Dealing with Security holders on SRS Counter, telephone, through mail and E-mail.
- Verification of Security holders’ signatures on Transfer Deeds and Proxy Forms etc.
- Physical Transfer of Securities, Deposit of Securities into CDS, Withdrawal of Securities from CDS and transmission of physical certificates / Securities etc.
- Issuance of duplicate certificates and dividend warrants against appropriate indemnities and fulfillment of formalities
- Split / Consolidation / Renewal of certificates
- Dividend Entitlements and Payments to Security holders
- Bonus Shares issuance to Security holders with fractional shares payment
- Custody of undelivered certificates and dividend warrants, etc.
- Preparation of reports related to the securities and Security holders for filling with Issuers / Regulators.
- Taking attendance of Security holders in Annual General Meeting (AGM) / Extra-Ordinary General Meeting (EOGM)
- Compliance of legal obligations as Share Registrar / Transfer Agent
- Other standard Share Registrar department activities such as dispatch of Annual / Half Yearly Accounts, etc.
- We also have future plans of handling the following transactions (IPO handling, Registrar Services to Open Ended Mutual Funds)
Staying ahead of the competition, CDC also offers extended service counter timings: Monday to Friday from to 1 and additionally from 2 to 4.