Central Depository Company is recognized as the infrastructure backbone of the Pakistan Capital Market and it is the sole securities depository in the country. In the past two decades, CDC has also evolved as one of the leading and most prestigious infrastructure institutions in Pakistan with a focus on the capital market.
CDC is the sole entity handling the electronic (paperless) settlement of transactions carried out at the stock exchanges of the country. Through efficient functioning of CDC, all the market settlement is in book entry form.
We are regulated by SECP and have offices in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. CDC is ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified for Information Security Management and is Pakistan’s first company to receive BS25999 certification for its Business Continuity Management Program. It is also an ACCA and ICAEW Approved Employer.
CDC is a member of Asia-Pacific Central Securities Depository Group (ACG), which is an international organization facilitating the exchange of information, promoting mutual assistance among member securities depositories and clearing organizations in the Asia Pacific region. In 2013, Mr. Muhammad Hanif Jakhura, CEO-CDC was elected as the Executive Committee Chairman of ACG for the term of 2014-2016. By virtue of this election, CDC was elected as the ACG Secretariat for the same term.
As the ACG Secretariat, CDC also enjoys representation in World Forum of CSDs (WFC) which is a grouping of five regional CSD associations that include Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East, the Americas, Eurasia and Europe.
Primarily, CDC’s function was to operate the Central Depository System (CDS) for all financial instruments traded in Pakistan Capital Market. However, with the ever growing capital market, we have diversified our business beyond the traditional depository domain and offer the following services as well:
Investor Account Services
- Launched in 1999
- Allows the retail investor to open and maintain custody accounts directly with CDC. (Learn more)
Trustee and Custodial Services
- Launched in 2002
- Serves as a Trustee to Open-end and Closed-end Mutual Funds and Voluntary Pension Schemes. (Learn more)
Share Registrar Services
- Launched in 2008
- Provides share issuing companies state-of-the-art facilities of registrar and transfer agents, including customer dealing on behalf of the companies. (Learn more)
(Wholly owned subsidiary of CDC)
- Launched in 2009
- Provides Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services which include provision of back office functions to the Mutual Fund industry. (Learn more)
CISSII (Centralized Information Sharing Solution for Insurance Industry)
(Developed and managed by CDC Pakistan)
- Launched in 2014
- Offers online information sharing solution for the life insurance industry. It allows life insurance companies to share information such as acceptance of claim, postponed or declined risks, malpractices of agents and group life claims experience for the purpose of achieving greater efficiency and transparency in the Industry. (Learn more)